Thursday 6 March 2008

Queue's, Awards and a Tag

This sculpture appeared on the pavement in our town recently
It is called The Queue
Ironically there is not a queue at the bus stop in this shot
It is too early for people to be leaving, they are just coming in
You won't see me in a queue as I always use the car
and this is in spite of having a seniour citizens free bus pass





The real thing but again no real queue's




Over the last couple of weeks I have received some awards and a tag
The YOU MAKE MY DAY award came from Cindy of In a Garden
Thank you Cindy for your kind and very encouraging comments
I am truly honoured
I pass this on to Merisi of Vienna for Beginners
Merisi makes my day when I visit her and see her wonderful photos of Vienna
she has such an eye for a special photo





This award came from Isobel of The Cosy Corner
Thank you Isobel
I pass this on to Sara of Much Ado About Something
I think Sara's is an excellent blog for it's varied content and interest
her expert photography and her faith that comes through in such
a non-confrontational way


And now for the tag I received this from Mob of The Baby Journals
I pass it on to Sara (as above) as she was saying recently that she was in the 'bloggy doldrums'
so hope this puts some wind in your sails Sara



1.Were you named after anyone? No
2. When was the last time you cried? So long ago I can't remember
3. Do you like your handwriting? Yes
4. What is your favorite lunch meat? Honey Roast Ham
5. Do you have kids? No but 2 adult friends
6. If you were another person would you be friends with you? Hope so
7. Do you use sarcasm a lot? No but my sense of humour is dry
8. Do you still have your tonsils? Yes
9. Would you bungee jump? No
10. What is your favorite cereal? Dorset Cereals Berries and Cherries Muesli
11. Do you untie your shoes when you take them off? Definitely
12. Do you think you are strong? Most of the time
13. What is your favorite ice cream? Ben and Jerry's Cookie Dough
14. What is the first thing you notice about people? Their eyes
15. Red or pink? Red
16. What is the thing that you like least about yourself? Stomach
17. Who do you miss the most? My longest standing best friend
19. What color pants and shoes are you wearing? Parchment (I assume you mean trousers - pants mean knickers in England) Black
20. Have you ever re-gifted? No
21. What are you listening to right now? The tap, tap,tap of the keyboard
22. If you were a crayon what colour would you be? Green
23. Favorite smells? Lavender and my Jean Lois Scherrer perfume
24. Who was the last person you talked to on the phone? My daughter
25. Do you like the person who sent this to you? Very much so, what would she think if I typed, no!
26. Favorite sports to watch? None
30. Favorite food? Lots but freshly baked bread with butter takes some beating
31. Scary movies or happy endings? Happy
32. Last movie you watched? A Good Woman
33. What color shirt are you wearing? Taupe
34. Summer or winter? Summer
35. Hugs or kisses? Hugs
36. Favorite dessert? Lemon anything
39. What book are you reading now? Searching for Tilly by Susan Sallis and Living Beyond the Limits by Franklin Graham
40. What is on your mouse pad? My mouse
41. What did you watch on TV last night? Nothing I was out
42. Favorite sound? Waves lapping on the sand
43. Rolling stones or Beatles? Beatles
44. What is the furthest you have been from home? Mexico
45. Do you have a special talent? Lots
46. Where were you born? Liverpool, England


15 comments:

Needled Mom said...

I love the sculpture of the queue. It is so appropriate for Britain.

Very interesting meme. I'm not sure that I could come up with a list like that but have to agree with you on the food issue. There is nothing like freshly baked bread -- smell and taste!

Michelle-ozark crafter said...

Hello! Waving at you! LOL! Love the statue!

Vee said...

Well that was a fun meme!

Pants does not equal trousers in Great Britain? Very interesting the subtle (and not so subtle) differences between countries supposedly speaking the same language.

Jeanne said...

Happy Friday my lovely friend.
I love love love all that you share~
Blessings~
Love Jeanne ^j^

Teresa said...

I was so glad to see the double decker red bus in the photo. I had read that England, was phasing them out. Have a great week end, Barbara!

Paula said...

Loved your answers. Yea, your right I would be a bit put out if you had said you didn't like me!
We both like honey ham and don't like our stomachs :)
Very funny, whats on your mouspad..your the first person whos come up with that one LOL

Merisi said...

Barbara,
you are so very kind to me,
thank you very much.
Hugs,
Merisi

Sara at Come Away With Me said...

Barbara, thank you for the award and the wonderful comments about my blog...I appreciate the honor.

That's humorous about pants versus trousers...I'm sure there are other similar word discrepancies between English and Americanese!

You are so right about freshly baked bread with lots of butter...that is probably my favorite food. I rarely ever get to enjoy it; if I baked my own bread, I'd be 50 pounds heavier because I'd never be able to say no to the next slice!

Unknown said...

I enjoyed reading your Meme. Have a great weekend. Lisa

Willow said...

A great post, Barbara! I love the queue sculture.

The meme was interesting as I learned more about you. I'm a Beatles fan, too!

Elizabeth said...

Dear Barbara
I loved your visit to Leigh-on-Sea.
My mother came from Southend and our uncle lived in Thorpe Bay.May I add you to my blog roll so I get to visit often?
Also lots of us are posting "DOORS" next Wednesday.
Have you got lots of interesting English doors to share?
All best wishes

Elizabeth said...

Dear Barbara
I added you to my side bar and I clicked on it and it worked - what a miracle.
Yes, I saw the pictures of Leigh on Sea earlier this morning - so very evocative for me.
How I ended up in Marrakech?
I married an America,and we brought the children up on Long Island NY.
When I retired from teaching we wanted a complete change!!!!
It certainly is.
but we are visiting our son in NY right now and go back to Marrakech at the beginning of April.

a woman who is said...

My daughter just broke up with her boyfriend, and her daddy went all over town to buy her the newest season of Gilmore Girls, and Ben and Jerry Cookie Dough icecream. I think it helped a little. I had a taste, it is very good icecream.

Susan said...

I throughly enjoyed your informative meme, Barbara. Amazing how much we learn about each other in these things.
Susan

Betty said...

Interesting statue....I enjoyed your answers to the meme....Betty