Saturday 24 October 2015

AYLSHAM, Norfolk

Sunday, the first full day of our holiday we usually take it easy and have a look at the local area.


Aylsham was just over a mile away from our so peaceful cottage.


It is Sunday morning and most places are closed so we are just having a wander round and posting a few photos randomly.


The local Anglian church



The old Bank





The old water pump










A great reflection from the other side of the street behind me



There are people sitting outside this pub having a drink


The Market Square
a parking place when non market days


A bus stop





I'm not sure what I was looking at!


I like these decorative frames outside the shop



Well it's back to the cottage for lunch before a trip to Holt this afternoon (next post)

7 comments:

Needled Mom said...

It looks like a great walk about town. Love the thatched roof on the water pump.

Lorrie said...

I always enjoy these tours around the pretty villages of England. The frames with the plants outside the shop are very attractive.

Denise at Forest Manor said...

Great pictures, Barbara -- what a cute town! I love English shop buildings and pubs; they have so much charm. I hope you enjoy your stay there. :)

Hugs,

Denise

La Petite Gallery said...

Dear Barbara, After seeing all your fabulous posts,
I am convinced the week in London was missing the real England.
If I could do it again I would go to some of the beautiful villages
You have shared with us.
You are a treasure to England.
yvonne

Cheri said...

Love, Love, Love this post. What a cool little town!!

Vee said...

Were you perhaps looking as high as the potted flowers on the roof above the window? That's what took my eye!

Anonymous said...

Just a darling village. I too think that you were looking up at the flowers, it looks like a trailing geranium hanging over or was it possibly one of your favorites...a rose.
I love the brightly painted shop called Lavender Blue...probably a little florist shop or tea place. It is fun to wonder what is inside these little shops.
Thank you for a great visit to a really cute place.
Audrey.